[Open-FCoE] Skipping scsi and openfc layer.

Milind Dumbare milind at linsyssoft.com
Tue Apr 8 08:40:03 UTC 2008

Hi All,
I have attached one image which show call graph of OPEN-FCOE code. As you
can see I have distinguished functions in different layers by lines and also
have named appropriate layer (openfc, fcoe, ethernet).

I wanted to skip the SCSI and OPENFC layer and do the communication only
with FCoE layer. I have some BIOs on initiator and want to transfer them to
some pages on target. Has anyone tried like this before? What functions I
can use to skip these layers SCSI and OPENFC and call underlying FCoE only?
I have marked some functions with green and red underlines in attached
image, and I think I can use one pair of them to do above. Can anyone
suggest which one will be more appropriate?

As I can see FCOE layer does packing of fc_frame into SKB. What exactly does
OPENFC layer do? Does it work in creating fc_frame?

--
Milind Dumbare
Sr. Systems Engg.