[Open-FCoE] Open-FCoE Re-architecture Status

Love, Robert W robert.w.love at intel.com
Tue May 13 15:39:03 UTC 2008

<robert.w.love at intel.com>
>wrote:
>> After a lot of planning and designing we've started to
>> reorganize the Open-FCoE kernel code.
>
>Hello Robert,
>
>Sorry if I'm asking something trivial, but does this apply to the FCoE
>initiator implementation or to the FCoE target implementation ?

The focus is on the initiator, but it may have some impact on the
target. My plan is to get the initiator an acceptable architecture and
then see if we can fit the target in.

If you're unaware, we have a target implementation that is based on a
2.6.23 tree on our website. Unfortunately, it's not getting any
attention right now. Tomo also ported some of our code to userspace, but
I believe that effort is relatively untested. So, after the initiator
work is done, and time permitting, I'd like to revisit the target and
see if we can either get the userspace port going or add some hooks into
the initiator for an out-of-kernel target.

If anyone has good ideas I'm all ears, we're just dedicated to the
initiator for the time being.