[Open-FCoE] [PATCH 00/16] rport state machine and locking
robert.w.love at intel.com
Tue Sep 9 17:21:56 UTC 2008
The following series implements a change to the rport state machine and
applies a locking strategy to that state machine.
1) A callback function is added to the LP for RP events (READY, FAILED, LOGO)
2) GNN_ID and GPN_ID are removed, rport state machine starts at PLOGI
- uses a dummy rport until PLOGI response
3) A READY state is added to the RP state machine
4) The RP state machine locking has been given a locking strategy
5) RP only has one error/retry handling routine
6) Naming conventions are changed
rport (remote port) = fc_rport pointer
rdata (remote port private) = fc_rport_libfc_priv pointer
I think these patches still need a little cleaning up, but they're mostly good.
I'm curious what everyone thinks about the folowing changes to:
a) the locking policy
b) the event callback mechanism
c) the consolidation of fc_rport_error and fc_rport_retry.
All comments are welcome. If there are no major issues I'll do a little cleanup,
drop the RFC, resubmit and then commit.
More information about the devel