[Open-FCoE] Setup question

Robert Love robert.w.love at linux.intel.com
Thu Sep 11 23:20:14 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 16:26 -0500, charles zhuang wrote:
<snip>

> Also, on the initiator, I don't have openfc.ko, I only have fcoe.ko,
> libfc.ko, scsi_transport_fc.ko, and scsi_mod.ko. Did I miss anything?
>
> 2. By following the quick start on initiator, my initiator system
> doesn't have fcconf. I guess I can use the same procedure on the target
> quick start guide to build/install fcconf and hbaapi. I don't need
> openfctgt and scst. Is it correct?

fcconf was our user application before our re-architecture (the process
that converted openfc.ko to libfc.ko). We had to remove fcconf because
it was getting information from the kernel in the wrong way. We've made
a small application fcoeadm that will create/destroy and soon we'll be
adding code to report information like what fcconf did.

git clone git://open-fcoe.org/openfc/open-fcoe.git

You will need to use fcconf for the target because the target is based
on our pre-architecture.

Unfortunately my guess is that point-to-point mode is broken for the
re-architecture code (the initiator), but I don't know for sure. It's
been untested for some time.