[Open-FCoE] problem while using fcgw

manali baldawa manali.baldawa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 07:41:36 UTC 2008

Hi  Joe,
   I tried this  export FCOE_OUI=0xefc00
   and when i start gateway I see following messages :

   [root at fcoe-gw ~]#
   FCOE_OUI env var overrides default fcfcfc with efc00
   0.004 FCOE_OUI env var overrides default fcfcfc with efc00
   0.003 fc gateway ready

  But still i am not able to see any Lun's on initiator side.
  Can you tell me where is the problem??
  do u think that my setup is right?  ( setup is mentioned in last mail)

  Have anyone used this setup    *open-fcoeInitiator -> fcgw -> fc simulator
*??

  Thanks !!

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Joe Eykholt <jre at nuovasystems.com> wrote:

> manali baldawa wrote:
>
>> I want to use fcgw
>> I have setup *fcoe initiator  -> fcgw -> ( any fc simulator)*
>> I have all hardware in place ....
>> i used all configuration steps which are mentioned on open-fcoe-wiki......
>> but i am not able to see luns on initiator side.
>> I think either i missed out something on fcgw...
>>
>> i used following steps to set up fcgw.
>> 1.I have 2gbps atto card
>> 2. downloaded tachynet driver from sourceforge.net(link provided on wiki
>> page)
>> 3. modprobe tachynet
>> 4. ifconfig efc01
>> 5.ifconfig eth1
>> 6.fcgw -i eth0 -f efc0 -n &
>>  gateway is running  now
>>

>> Target setup
>> i have qlogic  and i am using scst .
>> luns are created on target
>>
>> Initiator setup
>> I have new open-fcoe code
>> loaded fcoe module
>>
>> 1.modprobe fcoe
>> 2.echo eth1 > /sys/module/fcoe/create
>>
>> Could anyone please help me in this??
>> is my setup is rite??
>> am i missing any steps ??
>>
>> I studied this using wireshark , initiator is sending FLOGI but i think
>> gatways is not responsding to it and not even forwarding to target.
>>

>> Thanks & Regards
>>

> Try doing this in the shell (assuming bash) before running fcgw:
>        export FCOE_OUI=0xefc00
>
> Let me know if that doesnt' fix it.
>
>        Joe

Thanks & Regards