[Open-FCoE] problem while using fcgw

Joe Eykholt jre at nuovasystems.com
Thu Sep 18 12:21:57 UTC 2008

manali baldawa wrote:
> I tried exporting  this varible export FCOE_OUI=0xefc00 on gatway side and
> started fcgw again...
> but i am still facing problem??
> can anyone help me in this??
> have anyone used fcgw?? If yes , how did it work ??
> Please help me out??

I use a setup like that but with a switch past the gateway.
There may be some issues in the current initiator with
point-to-point mode, going directly from fcgw to a target.

If you send me a binary trace, I may be able to help.
Capture with:  tcpdump -i ethX -w /tmp/trace -s 300

You should be running fcgw with the -n option, although
not having that wouldn't cause this problem.

Fcgw just passes frames through, it doesn't respond itself.
With -n it proxies the FLOGI, but still it only responds
when it hears a response from the other side.

Do you have FC link?  The tachynet driver doesn't
negotiate speed so if you have a 1G target, you have
to set the speed using the tyctl utility that comes with
the driver:  tyctl efc0 1g

Also, if your target is a loop device (NL port), I suspect
that's not supported by the tachynet driver.

	Joe