[Open-FCoE] problem while using fcgw

manali baldawa manali.baldawa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 14:29:31 UTC 2008

1. My target has 2gbps line and gateway has 4gbps.
    So earlier due to this speed difference ,  I could not see efcX  online.
    As you said ,  I used tyctl and configured gateway speed as 2gbps.
    After that I was able to see efcX interface online.
    So now there is traffic through efcX interface also.

2.I got some weird messages at initiator side :
   * fc_lport_flogi_resp bad FLOGI response*
Do you think that new initiator has some problems?? Do I have to use old
initiator??

3. I am running fcgw with -n option.

4. My target is not a loop device.

I am attaching wireshark output of efcX and ethX as well as the tcpdump
output of efcx and ethx.
When I captured these logs , i didn't set  FCOE_OUI=0xefc00. I got the same
error with FCOE_OUI set.

Thanks in advance.
Manali

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 5:51 PM, Joe Eykholt <jre at nuovasystems.com> wrote:

> manali baldawa wrote:
>
>> I tried exporting  this varible export FCOE_OUI=0xefc00 on gatway side and
>> started fcgw again...
>> but i am still facing problem??
>> can anyone help me in this??
>> have anyone used fcgw?? If yes , how did it work ??
>> Please help me out??
>>

> I use a setup like that but with a switch past the gateway.
> There may be some issues in the current initiator with
> point-to-point mode, going directly from fcgw to a target.
>
> If you send me a binary trace, I may be able to help.
> Capture with:  tcpdump -i ethX -w /tmp/trace -s 300
>
> You should be running fcgw with the -n option, although
> not having that wouldn't cause this problem.
>
> Fcgw just passes frames through, it doesn't respond itself.
> With -n it proxies the FLOGI, but still it only responds
> when it hears a response from the other side.
>
> Do you have FC link?  The tachynet driver doesn't
> negotiate speed so if you have a 1G target, you have
> to set the speed using the tyctl utility that comes with
> the driver:  tyctl efc0 1g
>
> Also, if your target is a loop device (NL port), I suspect
> that's not supported by the tachynet driver.
>
>        Joe
>

>  Manali
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 3:37 PM, manali baldawa <manali.baldawa at gmail.com
>> >wrote:
>>
>>  I want to use fcgw
>>> I have setup *fcoe initiator  -> fcgw -> ( any fc simulator)*
>>> I have all hardware in place ....
>>> i used all configuration steps which are mentioned on
>>> open-fcoe-wiki......
>>> but i am not able to see luns on initiator side.
>>> I think either i missed out something on fcgw...
>>>
>>> i used following steps to set up fcgw.
>>> 1.I have 2gbps atto card
>>> 2. downloaded tachynet driver from sourceforge.net(link provided on wiki
>>> page)
>>> 3. modprobe tachynet
>>> 4. ifconfig efc01
>>> 5.ifconfig eth1