[Open-FCoE] FYI : Re: Setup question

P Mumbai mumbai.prasanna at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 04:55:23 UTC 2008

Hi All,
Today (9/22), in a FCoE session during the Storage Developer
Conference, it was said that Point 2 Point, between FCoE initiator and
target, is not supported in the first FCoE standard (FC-BB-5), and it
will be considered for next version of FCoE standard.

My questions are:

1.	First, I'd like to confirm this, and then anyone in the community
knows why P2P is not in the first version of FCoE Standard? Any
technical reasons?  Is this the reason that P2P mode as discussed in
the below mails is not working?
2.	If i move to the earlier FCoE code(before re-architecture)  will it
be working, what standard does it follow?
3.	If there is no standard, and implementations are out there, I would
be concern about interoperability. How do people the community look at
this?

If this is not the mailing list to talk about all these questions,
please excuse me and point me to the correct mailing list.

Thanks You all in advance.

~Cheers
Prasanna