[Open-FCoE] FYI : Re: Setup question

charles zhuang charlesz at opengridcomputing.com
Wed Sep 24 14:52:21 UTC 2008

I have brought up this thread initially, here's my latest update.
I get p2p working with the latest code post on the web using a back 2
back connection on one pair of my set up, both machines have dual
processors, 1g Ethernet card. Joe Eykholt has provided me some valuable
suggestion during my debugging process, many thanks.
However, after duplicate the environment to another pair of machines,
with quad processors, 10g Ethernet nic, the target crash right after
plogi phase. The reason of its crash is that
fcs_local_port_prli_accept() call into scst_init_session() with the
target pointer as NULL. The crash happens at the same spot for back 2
back connections and a switch in the middle.
So in short, I think the latest code for p2p is working. I believe it
can work even with a switch in the middle if configured correctly.
For my problem, I will appreciate if some one here who's more familiar
with the code path can point me a direction where should I look back to
trace this problem. Here's a log trace to show you my problem:
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: fcs_local_port_prli_accept: PRLI
callback. remote  10101 local  10102
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: [6046]: ENTRY scst_register_session
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: [6046]: ENTRY scst_alloc_session
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: [6046]: EXIT scst_alloc_session
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: [6046]: scst_register_session:5031:Adding
sess ffff8102099eacb0 to scst_sess_init_list
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: [6046]: EXIT scst_register_session
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: fcs_local_port_prli_accept: accept remote
fid  10101
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: [6024]: scst_mgmt_thread:5162:Removing
sess ffff8102099eacb0 from scst_sess_init_list
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: [6024]: ENTRY scst_init_session
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: fc_seq_start: exch    6 f_ctl 800000 seq
0 f_ctl      0
Sep 23 16:26:17 vic100 kernel: [6024]: scst_init_session:4923:c.z.,
session:0xffff8102099eacb0, init name:2000000743054364,
tgt:0x0000000000000000, phase:0

The above tgt pointer is NULL. Thanks very much for any help.

Charles