[Open-FCoE] RFC and patchwork process clarification

Love, Robert W robert.w.love at intel.com
Wed Apr 15 21:20:04 UTC 2009

Regarding the process discussion we had durring the stand-up. I think that we need to evaluate which changes require a RFC on a case-by-case basis. Some patches don't make sense as an RFC, for example compliation warnings, typos or formatting fix-ups. This is becuase these are trivial changes and requesting comments for a typo is pretty silly. Also, I don't know that any of the things we intend to go in <open-fcoe>/debug/ need to be validated.

That being said, functionality changes, features and non-trivial bug fixes (most of them) should follow the process-

discussion on devel at open-fcoe.org<mailto:devel at open-fcoe.org> and internally
RFC to devel at open-fcoe.org<mailto:devel at open-fcoe.org>
comments and replies
patch is finalized
mailed to fcoe-patches
john tests and gives aproval
patch mailed without RFC to devel at open-fcoe.org<mailto:devel at open-fcoe.org>
Rob pulls patches into repos, tests and mails to linux-scsi (when appropriate)

Our goal is to put out the highest quality patches possible without overloading validation with trivial stuff.

Thanks,

//Rob