[Open-FCoE] fcconf eth0 enable bug

Karthik G Balaji findkb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 06:12:37 UTC 2009

 Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:39 AM, muthu kumar <muthumailbox at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> i have run the following command. how to resolve this bug
>
> [root at localhost ~]# fcconf eth0 enable
> fcconf: fcc_fcoe_config: FCoE create of eth0 failed
> fcconf: fcc_fcoe_config: error 95 (null)
> fcconf: fcc_fcoe_config: exiting at fcc_fcoe.c:142
>

> --

Error no 95 means ,operation not supported. It is emited by the following
code,

    /*
     * Do not support for bonding device
     */
    if ((fc->real_dev->priv_flags & IFF_MASTER_ALB) ||
        (fc->real_dev->priv_flags & IFF_SLAVE_INACTIVE) ||
        (fc->real_dev->priv_flags & IFF_MASTER_8023AD)) {
        rc = -EOPNOTSUPP;
        goto out;
    }

I have seen similar posts in the mail archives. Not sure if I saw any reply
about it. I don't have much idea about bonding devices.  Thought of posting
this code so that someone can quickly refer and respond.

-Karthik.