[Open-FCoE] [net-next-2.6 PATCH 5/5] fcoe: Use NETIF_F_FCOE_MTU flag to set up max frame size (lport->mfs)

Robert Love robert.w.love at intel.com
Thu Jul 23 18:48:03 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 11:40 -0700, David Miller wrote:
> From: Robert Love <robert.w.love at intel.com>
> Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:27:28 -0700
>
> > Please don't apply this patch to net-next. The other 4 patches in this
> > series should be fine without it. If this patch is applied to net-next
> > it means that most/all of the other fcoe features (that will go through
> > linux-scsi) become dependent on this patch.
> >
> > I was hoping to push the other fcoe features as-is and then push this
> > patch through linux-scsi after the other 4 patches in this series had
> > been merged by you.
>
> Sure, I was just reading over this stuff.
>
> But on the other hand, linux-scsi will be dependant upon net-next-2.6
> because this patch here uses flags that will only be added there.

Yes, absolutely, but it's only this small patch that creates the
dependency. I figured that all of the other fcoe patches could go into
James' scsi-misc tree and get merged first. Then this one could go into
his scsi-post-merge tree and depend on net-next.

It's really up to you and James, I just thought that would be easier.