[Open-FCoE] fcoe-next.git updated

Robert Love robert.w.love at intel.com
Fri Jul 31 19:36:57 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-29 at 18:14 -0700, Robert Love wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I rebased fcoe-next.git to be Linus' tree + scsi-rc-fixes + scsi-misc
> so that we're as close to the tip of development as possible for the
> next merge window and so that we have as many upstream fixes as
> possible. The repository is now up to -rc4. You will need to rebase your
> trees as a result.
>
> 	I made two feature removals (3 patches) from our set. Chris found a
> problem with CRC calculations in one of the FC Passthrough patches that
> was setting up a common copy_to_buffer function, so I removed the FC
> Passthrough patches from the series. I also didn't like the name of the

This FC Passthrough removal has caused fcoe-utils.git to fail to build
since these patches were exporting FC kernel header files needed by
fcping in fcoe-utils.git.

I'm going to try and fix this quickly by extracting the FC header
exporting into it's own patch. It should be a trivial patch. I will
check this patch in immediately to correct the fcoe-utils.git build
errors. Normally I want to have patches on the list for a few days
before committing, to get review, but I think it's worse to have
fcoe-utils.git broken. Also, I can't imagine that there would be
feedback to the exporting of these header files. If there is then I can
pop the patch, make a fix and rebase fcoe-next.git.

Regarding the common copy routine- I'm making some improvements to it
and they'll need some testing before I can post them (at least
finalized). One potential change would be to move the common function to
a common utility file for libfc. Right now that common routine is in
fc_fcp.c, but it's used by fc_lport.c too. I'll probably create a
fc_libfc.c file for common routines.

//Rob