[Open-FCoE] Fw:Can intel x520 network adapter use as fcoe target?

Zhang, Kenneth kenneth.zhang at intel.com
Fri Sep 13 21:00:58 UTC 2013

The description regarding target mode of Intel adapter and Qlogic adapter in that document is misleading.  The fact is that Netapp uses Qlogic adapter in its storage device, not that Intel X520 does not support target mode.

In your case, after you installed fcoe-target-utils, the same physical interface is running as an Initiator as well as a target concurrently; they should share the same fcid.  Since you can get fcid for initiator, you should also get fcid for the target.

Can you do trouble shooting:
- swap cable between initiator and target and see you can get fcid on target but not on initiator; if yes, you may have config issue in the switch, if not you may have config issue in the target
- check switch port to see PFC operation is "ON" or maybe other setups
- check DCB setting on the target system with dcbtool and lldptool

Thanks, Ken